DIA Europe 2020 and COVID-19 Update
We are sad to say that we will no longer be attending DIA Europe 2020 on 17-19th March in Brussels. Although we were really excited about attending the event for another year, it is important that we remain conscious of the safety and health of both ourselves and our colleagues. Given the recent spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), it was decided that the DIA event should be rescheduled.
If you were hoping to meet us at DIA Europe 2020, please reach out to us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 133 487 2500.
So what is the coronavirus anyway?
Coronaviruses (CoV) are more common that you might think. They are a large family of viruses that cause a range of illnesses, including the common cold. A novel coronavirus (nCoV) is a new strain of the virus that has not been previously identified in human. COVID-19 is one of these new strains.
And what does COVID-19 mean?
COVID-19 stands for Corona Virus Disease 2019.
What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
The symptoms of coronavirus are:
- a cough
- a high temperature
- shortness of breath
But the symptoms are similar to other illnesses that are much more common, such as cold and flu so they do not necessarily mean you have the illness.
How can I protect myself?
There is a lot of easy steps you can take to avoid catching or spreading the virus. Some of the ones to add to your daily routine are:
- washing your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- always washing your hands when you get home or into work
- using hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- covering your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- putting used tissues in the bin straight away and wash your hands afterwards
- trying to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
We hope that you stay safe during this time.
– Luto Team